CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY OTHER BLOG »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Missing Memo

(Isn't this an awesome picture?!)

I have come to an indisputable conclusion: We NEED Mehmet Okur. Here are a few stats to support my point:


  1. Memo has missed 10 games this season due to injury / illness. The Jazz have gone 4 - 6 in those games.

  2. The Jazz are 20 – 7 when Memo scores 15 or more points.

  3. The Jazz are 15 – 4 when Memo has 10 or more rebounds.

  4. The Jazz are 15 – 3 when Memo has a double-double.

He brings a dimension to the Jazz that very few teams have. There aren’t many players his size that have such a good outside jump-shot. That is extremely valuable to the Jazz. He stretches opponents’ defenses. If he is out on the perimeter, the other team has to put someone on him – thus opening up the lane for Williams to penetrate or pass to Boozer in the low post. I really hope he is better soon. We need him at full strength for this final stretch.

1 comment:

Paul said...

I noticed that the Jazz are a different team without Memo, but I didn't realize they were only 4-6 without him. I hope he stays healthy and continues to be "money."