CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY OTHER BLOG »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Season Finale

So much is still at stake tonight as the Jazz take on the San Antonio Spurs. With the Western playoff race ever tightening, a win tonight would guarantee the Jazz the number 3 seed in the West, along with homecourt advantage in the first round of the playoffs (not to mention, it would break a forever-long streak of consecutive losses @ San Antonio). A loss tonight would mean that the Jazz stay at the fourth seed minus homecourt advantage in the first round (unless by some miracle Houston and Phoenix both lose tonight).

Although a million different scenarios are still possible, here is how I think (and hope) it will all end up:

{Click Image to Enlarge}

In order for this to happen, tonights games must play out as follows:

  • New Orleans beats Dallas
  • Denver beats Memphis
  • Utah beats San Antonio

None of those is a long shot, and I think that this bracket highly favors the Jazz. It puts us as far away from playing the Lakers as possible, and gives us a fairly easy road to the conference final, while making the Lakers' path much more difficult.

So it all comes down to tonight. Go Jazz!!

8 comments:

mary plus vince said...

yikes! i hope we win tonight!

Eliza said...

Yeah, we haven't won in San Antonio since 1999 (sheesh!) but I feel that tonight we have a legit shot at it. That would be a great boost of confidence to head into the playoffs with a win in the Spurs' house.

Wahoo, GO JAZZ!!!

Paul said...

That would be cool, but in order for your scenario to happen the Suns would also have to lose because they beat out San Antonio this year and would have the tie breaker over them. See http://www.nba.com/news/playoff_scenarios_080416.html
This explains all the possibilities.

vince said...

that's a good point -- I didn't realize that Phoenix held the tie breaker over San Antonio. It's so hard to keep track of everything this year!

Jordan said...

Vince,

It is now half-time and I can only hope the rampage continues. You know I am a Spurs fan and it looks like the losing streak in good 'ole San Antonio will continue. I know we can still be friends because you know I am a realistic fan and won't say the Spurs have it. There chances are most definitely iffy, in fact the Jazz chances are probably better...

Well, here's for common ground: GO UTES!!

PS: Don't kill me, I have a good spot in my heart for the Jazz (only after the Spurs)

Jordan said...

PSS: Sorry for the bad grammar in my last post. My wording says "there" instead of "their". I'm an idiot....

vince said...

Well Jordan, your Spurs stuck it to the Jazz big time tonight. The second half might have been a little bit more interesting had Williams played, but let's face it -- it was over mid-way through the 2nd quarter.

As for the playoffs, however, I'll be surprised to see the Spurs make it out of the first round.

Jordan said...

I agree unfortunately. The Suns had the Spurs number this year. I don't think it is there year. If the Spurs can come into every game like they did last night, maybe, but I just think age has finally hit them!