CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY OTHER BLOG »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Utes Stuff

Oh man, I’ve got so much to say right now. I shall do so briefly:
  1. Thank you TCU. That was definitely the most enjoyable game I have watched this season, that didn’t feature the Utes. See, a lot of people said they wanted the U and the Y to be undefeated come 11/22, but my heart was never in it. Now, the Utes still have a quality ranked opponent on the schedule (TCU), and I don’t have to listen to any more ridiculous notions of BYU going to the BCS National Championship game (although, there are still incredibly naive cougar fans who think that BYU is going to a BCS bowl game. See here – no wonder they call themselves “Cougar Crazies”). Anyway, thanks again Horned Frogs. We shall beat you on Nov. 6th, and I will be there on row 9 in the Red Zone to watch it happen.

  2. I found this really cool Utes blog. Check it out here.

  3. The first official BCS rankings were released on Sunday, and the Utes are ranked at # 11 right now. You know what that means? It means a guaranteed BCS game as long as we win out. That’s pretty freakin’ awesome. The first school to bust the BCS will likely be the first school to do it twice!

  4. So, I know there’s still a lot of football to be played, and this is just estimation right now, but CBS Sports released their latest bowl predictions. If you followed the link, then you know why I am so excited by this. They are predicting Utah vs. Florida in the All-State Sugar Bowl. Why is this significant? Because Urban Myer, the coach of the 2004 Utes (which went undefeated and played in the Fiesta Bowl), jumped ship after that season and went to coach the Florida Gators. How big would that be if Utah could go into the Sugar Bowl and beat their former coach?! That would be SO awesome! I seriously hope this happens. I know there’s no way to really predict right now, but it really got me excited.

  5. So, we’ve got a bye this week, and I hope we use it well. We need to prepare for New Mexico – the Lobos looked good against BYU, and they absolutely massacred San Diego State (70-7). I know the Utes are leagues above SDSU, but still, that game was just unreal.

Ok, that’s all for now. GO UTES!!

1 comment:

mary plus vince said...

Yay for the Utes! I hope we continue to win, and when we play TCU (SO excited about going to that game, by the way. happy anniversary to us!) and BYU I hope we come out on top. Mostly to shut up the annoying cougar fans.


i heart the utes. glad i married one.