CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY OTHER BLOG »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Victory.

To ESPN "experts" and all other doubters: Have you got the message yet?

Utah is the best college football team in the country. What and amazing game. Utah came out with a fury and burried Alabam early. The Tide spent the rest of the game trying to dig themselves out of the hole we put them in. No one gave the Utes any respect, so they went out there and demanded it. There is no reason why Utah shouldn't be # 1 in the final polls, though unfortunately that won't ever happen under the current system.

No matter, the Utes are the National Champions in my book. They earned it.

I must also address the fact that I am deeply disappointed in the total lack of class some BYU fans are already showing. I came home from SkyBox where we watched the game, and found that several BYU fans were commenting on the stories in the Tribune online, discounting Utah's success this season. Some said the Utes were lucky. Others quite intelligently (sarcasm) said the Utes "suck". Some were bringing up the 1984 BYU "National Championship", saying that it's something the Utes will never have. To you sore losers and poor sports, I simply say this:

Grow up and pull your heads out.

Here are some pictures from last night's game. GO UTES!!


Photos via.

3 comments:

mary plus vince said...

oh my goodness. this game was UNREAL!!! i'm glad we watched it at the sky box! good times!

go utes!

Brandon and Stacey said...

Congrats to your team Vince.
I will say this much. The Utes are every bit as deserving of a National Championship as the 1984 Cougars. No doubt about it. However it goes both ways... Utah fans (generally speaking of course) go to great lengths to discount a 1984 BYU championship. If you say the utes are #1 this year, the same argument could be made for BYU in 84'. Just my opinion. I guess in all this mess two things are clear. The BSC (Bull $H!t Championship) I mean BCS is broken. We need a playoff bad! Oh and the second thing is that the Utes earned every win and are a much better team than BYU this year.

vince said...

Thanks Bo -- that really is what it comes down to. We need a new system. Period. I was pleased to see the Utes finish 2nd in the AP poll, since that is about the highest anyone from a non-BCS conference can ever hope for.

I agree, there's boneheads on both sides of the table, and I wish my fellow Utah fans wouldn't dog the 1984 championship. Under the system that was in place, BYU had done everything required to be named champions including an undefeated season. The deserved it.