CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY OTHER BLOG »

Monday, December 8, 2008

Sugar Bowl, here we come!


The BCS Bowls were announced yesterday, and there were no surprises. Utah landed a bid against the Alabama Crimson Tide in the Allstate Sugarbowl! The game will be played on January 2nd at the New Orleans Superdome.

This is absolutely the biggest game in Utah football history – yes, even bigger than the ’04 Fiesta Bowl. Alabama is an extremely good team this year. Had they won on Saturday against Florida, they would be playing Oklahoma for the National Title. Their defense is ranked 3rd in the nation. They are fast, and they are HUGE! Their nose tackle, Terrence Cody, is a giant at 6’ 5”, 365 LBS. He is scary. This will be a very tough test for the Utes.

That said, I believe in this team, and I believe in our coaches. I think that we have a very good chance in this game. We’ve seen how explosive our offense can be, and we’ve seen how stingy our defense can be. Kyle has almost a month to get our boys ready (though I'm sure they've been watching Alabama film for a while now, since it was the likeliest scenario) , and I think he’s up for the job.

Roll tide! Roll over and die! Go UTES!!!

1 comment:

mary plus vince said...

Woot, go Utes!!

This game will definitely be an intense one, that is for dang sure. But I also have faith in the Utes and think we can do it. It will be close, but I think we can win.

I'm excited to watch it at the SkyBox. Are you going to make the reservations today?